Federal Occuptional Health
Federal Occuptional Health FedStrive STM Customer Portal spacer
Home About Us Services Library Where We Are Contact Us
AED Program Employee Assistance Program Environmental Health Services Ergonomics Financial & Legal Services Health Promotion Hearing Conservation Medical Employability Program Medical Surveillance Smoking Cessation Training and Education Wellness/Fitness Centers Work/Life Services Worksite Health Centers EAP. Just Call, We Care. 800-222-0364;

888.262.7848 (TTY)

What to Expect When Contacting the Employee Assistance Program

The Federal Occupational Health (FOH) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. While many government employees have accessed the EAP, there are others who are shy about making that first call. Asking for help is difficult for some people. Not knowing what to expect when you call the EAP can increase anxiety about calling. FOHís Customer Service Associates (CSA) are sensitive to this fact and treat every caller with respect and sensitivity. Whether you are calling for a management consultation, counseling, or legal and financial advice, the EAP staff is eager to assist you.

Frequently Asked Questions

What information should I have available when I call the EAP?

It helps to have your home and work addresses, telephone numbers, and zip codes available when you call. Be specific regarding the Federal agency name and division for which you work. This information is used to locate a counselor convenient to you. In addition you will be asked for a contact number to verify appointments, your date of birth, and pay grade level. The information provided helps us to differentiate you from another employee who might have the same name.

Is the information I provide protected?

Yes. All of this data is protected and is only shared with those who will be providing services to you. If for some reason you are uncomfortable providing this information, we will assist you to the best of our ability without the information.

How will I be connected to an EAP Counselor?

If you decide to see a counselor, the CSA will personally connect you with an EAP counselorís office so that you can schedule an appointment.

Where are the EAP Counselorsí offices located?

Many government buildings have FOH EAP counselors on site. Services are confidential and the EAP is independent from the agency. In addition to the on site counselors, there is a wide network of EAP counselors across the country that provides services in private offices. The CSA will work with you to locate a counselor that is convenient for you.

After my initial call, will I receive a follow-up call?

Yes. As a courtesy to our customers, we place a follow-up call a few days after the initial request for services to see if there were any difficulties scheduling an appointment. If you were unable to successfully schedule an appointment, a Follow-Up Specialist will assist you in getting an appointment. You do not need to wait for a follow-up call if you are experiencing any difficulties. At any time do not hesitate to call the toll-free 800 number for immediate assistance.

Improving the health, safety, and productivity of our Federal employees.
Privacy Policy | Rules of Behavior | Terms of Use | Accessibility | FOIA | Disclaimers | The White House | USA.gov