Employee Assistance Program
Environmental Health Services
Financial & Legal Services
Medical Employability Program
Training and Education
Worksite Health Centers
Medical Information / Data Management Services
The health and safety records of law enforcement personnel must be safeguarded to secure an employee’s privacy. Federal agencies with law enforcement responsibilities often desire assistance with the management of medical data related to these programs. Whether an agency is complying with OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard and needs to track participation in a Hepatitis B Vaccination Program, or requires monitoring of blood lead levels, Federal Occupational Health (FOH) can assist. FOH’s Law Enforcement Medical Program offers Medical Information / Data Management Services in accordance with the Privacy Act, applicable Office of Personnel Management, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and agency regulations.
FOH Occupational Health Physicians, or Reviewing Medical Officers (RMOs), or, provide the required written opinion as to the presence or absence of any detected medical conditions that could be work-related or would increase the risk of material impairment of the employee’s health from exposure. As required by the Privacy Act and other confidentiality standards, this opinion may include information regarding an individual's ability to perform job functions, but would not include specific medical diagnoses.
Examples of data collected include:
Formal reports are generated that summarize findings and document the services provided. FOH customizes reports for each agency.
- Hepatitis B vaccination status for compliance with the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
- TB skin test results to monitor exposure to Tuberculosis
- Audiometry results to assist in determining work related exposure to noise
- Exam results as specified by the agency’s medical standards (e.g., vision screening results, weight requirements, blood pressure, etc.)
- Dates of exams provided to track the need for annual renewals
- RMO’s findings and determinations of an officer’s fitness for duty
Contact FOH today to learn how FOH’s Medical Information / Data Management Services can help your agency with the special needs of law enforcement personnel.