Medical Surveillance Program
Medical Surveillance monitors the health of employees who work in settings where they may be exposed to occupational health hazards.
How do I know if my agency's employees should participate in a Medical Surveillance program?
FOH Medical Surveillance specialists will perform a comprehensive needs assessment to identify possible exposures to workplace health hazards, thereby determining if a Medical Surveillance program is appropriate.
What support and service will FOH provide my agency?
FOH provides a committed team of specialists knowledgeable about your agency, its mission and culture. These specialists include a medical review officer and others who are solely dedicated to working alongside your agency's managers.
What support can FOH offer regarding specific regulations that may affect my agency's employees?
FOH's highly experienced specialists will help your agency comply with all applicable regulations, both Federal (such as OSHA and EPA) and other (such as union or agency-specific regulations).
What is FOH's process for determining occupational hazard exposure?
FOH provides industrial hygiene services, including hazard analysis and risk and exposure assessments to determine abatement strategies for physical, chemical, radiological, and biological stressors.
What services can the FOH Medical Surveillance program provide my agency?
FOH's comprehensive and integrated Medical Surveillance services include:
- Exposure assessment
- Selection of personnel for surveillance
- Selection of screening tests and examination components
- Physical examinations
- Interpretation and notification of test results
- Written exposure control plan
- Occupational health consultation
What are the benefits?
- Integration — of a broad range of health-related services into a single program
- Compliance — with Federal and agency-specific regulations
- Simple and flexible — service delivery method using the Interagency Agreement (IAA)
"FOH is a single point of services and programs for us that covers the entire nation, offering the whole range of medical exams. Their high standards conform to the most current guidelines."
U.S. Secret Service (USSS)
"It's wonderful to have occupational medical consultation available for 'peace of mind.' An FOH physician who provides a clinical opinion is indispensable."
Safety and Environmental Compliance Officer
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Expertise — FOH provides Medical Surveillance services to over 100 Federal agencies.
- Experience — In FY10, FOH provided:
- 29,236 Medical Surveillance exams
- 18,669 Pulmonary Function tests
- 30,655 Hearing Conservation exams
Wellness within your reach.